Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Do we Really Need

When Politicians get it wrong they can really get it right.....
You can get a good idea of their true thinking. Just think one of these people will become President, I didn't think things could get worse.....they cant? .......can they.....?

Hillary Clinton:
"We are going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good." "God bless the America we are trying to create.""I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."

Rudy Giuliani:
"We don't all agree on everything. I don't agree with myself on everything." "Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.""Oh, you dirty boy! Donald, I thought you were a gentleman." --while dressed in drag, after having his "breasts" fondled by Donald Trump

John McCain:
"F**k you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room." --to Sen.
zSB(3,3)

John Cornyn (R-TX), during a testy exchange about immigration legislation
"There are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through those neighborhoods today." --prior to visiting a Baghdad market while being flanked by 22 soldiers, 10 armored Humvees, and two Apache attack helicopters"You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran." "I had something picked out for you, too - a little IED (improvised explosive device) to put on your desk." --to Jon Stewart"I think I'd just commit suicide."
--on the prospects of the Democrats taking back the Senate in the 2006 elections"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."

Mitt Romney:
"PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air." --on strapping his dog to the top of the car"Well, the question is kind of a non sequitur, if you will. And what I mean by that -- or a null set." --after being asked during a Republican debate whether it was a mistake to invade Iraq"I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I've been a hunter pretty much all my life." (Romney's campaign later said he'd been hunting twice, once when he was 15, and once in 2006 at a Republican fundraiser"I'm not a big-game hunter. I've made that very clear. I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will." "I'm happy to learn that after I speak you're going to hear from Ann Coulter. That's a good thing. I think it's important to get the views of moderates."
--right before Coulter called John Edwards a "faggot""Hugo Chavez has tried to steal an inspiring phrase 'Patria o muerte, venceremos.' It does not belong to him. It belongs to a free Cuba." --invoking a phrase that translates to "Fatherland or death, we shall overcome," which Fidel Castro has used to close his speeches for years, and which is associated with Cuban oppression

Barack Obama:
"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Joe Biden:
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." --on Barack Obama"I got tested for AIDS. I know Barack got tested for AIDS. There's no shame in being tested for AIDS. It's an important thing.""You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. ... I'm not joking."

Tommy Thompson:
"I'm in the private sector and for the first time in my life I'm earning money. You know that's sort of part of the Jewish tradition and I do not find anything wrong with that. I enjoy that." --speaking to the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism"I was very sick the day of the debate. I had all of the problems with the flu and bronchitis that you have, including running to the bathroom. I was just hanging on. I could not wait until the debate got off so I could go to the bathroom." --on why he said at a GOP presidential debate that an employer should be allowed to fire gay workers, after previously having blamed a faulty hearing aid for his answer

Mike Huckabee:
"If a person dresses provocatively, they're calling attention -- maybe not the most desirable kind -- to private parts of their body." --after being asked whether he's against miniskirts

Newt Gingrich:
"The American people believe English should be the official language of the government. ... We should replace bilingual education with immersion in English so people learn the common language of the country and they learn the language of prosperity, not the language of living in a ghetto." --speaking to the National Federation of Republican Women "I'd forgotten how big a tourist attraction I am."

1 comment:

Staggo"s List said...

I won't vote for a Republican, but Guilliani is the most liberal among everyone regarding gay rights. I don't trust Hillary at all. She's an opportunistic liar. Obama looks like the choice for me. This campaign season is way too long!